Who do you rate as best D3 players

Doom3, Doom4, ROE, LMS, EMZ

Moderator: eXg. sabooya

BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

Carmack not making a doom 4 or quake 5 serverity is his last game. Go to CPL to play it's running on quake 3 engine YES 125FPS is back! :D
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Grinder {IFZ}
Forum Bot

Post by Grinder {IFZ} »

very nice list ninja !!!

and I agree with you about how quickely some players can progress in doom .Although I think they refined their q3 skills to d3 ,so if they were playing q3 from the begining they had 5 years start on most players that started their fps online experience in doom such as me .although ive come to except ive reached the top of my abilities now and no matter how much i play and practice I will never be as good as most of the players on your list :(. which I thought I could achieve for some time believing that they had some secret ability that id yet to discover or technique id yet to master .
which is true to a certain degree ,as i could never straff propperly until defrag came out which ive only just got the hang of.(thanks crush!!! .respect to ya !).and now I feel i can move propperly I still have problems with certain players .so its down to instinct ,reactions and aim as knowlege of maps doesnt matter as much now nor knowlege of the d3 engine .so i beleive what makes these players different are these 3 things i think :).
just a shame they get bored with it and move on to other things .
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

not Cliff Diver?
ninjatalksho
Forum N00b

Post by ninjatalksho »

Deffinetly not cliff diver
ninjatalksho
Forum N00b

Post by ninjatalksho »

maybe he will make it in the top phrantic2 players list which is due out sometime next month
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

:)
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

You know what I noticed about Doom that does seperate it from the bunch is an InstaGib weapon. Quake has the Rail, Unreal the Sniper and Lightning Gun. When you play players who only use Rockets it makes the Match kind of one sided wouldn't you say? With an InstaGib type weapon it sort of throws a wrench in the gears so to speak and forces players to get in close. If you got a Rocket and some armor in D3 and a guy spawns he's pretty much dead unless he can score a steal, otherwise you get players just shooting anything and taking the damage, get more armor, more health, more rockets before the next spawn. YAWN. I truly wish Doom had it's own type of Rail gun, that would make for some interesting matches IMHO. Wait, it does, Quake 4!!! :D
BugZz
Forum eXtremist

Post by BugZz »

If doom 3 had a rail gun it wouldn't be doom 3 it be a copy of quake.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
eQuals
Forum Elite

Post by eQuals »

Yeah, Doom was definately not built for maps like Phrantic, although it still is my favorite map because of many other thing but that's another story. A gun like the rail would be pretty gimp is most of the stock maps though.
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

I was being sarcastic dude, cause Quake is a copy of Doom with a rail gun! :shock: Hehehe
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

eXg|c. eQuals wrote:Yeah, Doom was definately not built for maps like Phrantic, although it still is my favorite map because of many other thing but that's another story. A gun like the rail would be pretty gimp is most of the stock maps though.
Totally!
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

eXg.$ublime wrote:I was being sarcastic dude, cause Quake is a copy of Doom with a rail gun! :shock: Hehehe
.... isn't doom just a copy of quake w/o a railgun?
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

f0cus wrote:
eXg.$ublime wrote:I was being sarcastic dude, cause Quake is a copy of Doom with a rail gun! :shock: Hehehe
No, because Doom came first and the original Quake didn't have a rail gun either.

btw, it was "Cliff Diving" Not Cliff Diver. :P
BobMarley!
Forum Master

Post by BobMarley! »

eXg. Matt110189 wrote:
f0cus wrote:
No, because Doom came first and the original Quake didn't have a rail gun either.

btw, it was "Cliff Diving" Not Cliff Diver. :P
Thank you! Finally some logic! Hehe :)
ninjatalksho
Forum N00b

Post by ninjatalksho »

Doom 3 has a lightning gun, it's called the chaingun.

PS why does my sig not work

Return to “Doom3, Doom4”