Movie Review

The funnier things in life
eXg. Ersatz
MW2

Movie Review

Post by eXg. Ersatz »

There is no other place to put this that would fit so I put it in this forum.

I recently got a job at Blockbuster and a perk is we get to take movies home a week before they are put on the shelf so tonight I grabbed Rise of the Silver Surfer and 1408.

Silver Surfer was an ok movie with a crappy ending, but this is not about that, this is about 1408.

First off, as a hobby I am a paranormal investigator, yes like TAPS on the sci-fi channel. 1408 is about a writer who writes about paranormal activity, so I figured I would like it. John Cusack does an amazing job. I can honestly say that this movie is the first movie that has scared the s**t out of me in a long time. What makes this movie so scary is not cheap horror thrills and jump scares, it is all in your mind. The character Mike Enslin goes crazy locked in a hotel room.

I found it funny that Sam Jackson played the hotel manager and made a small roll into something huge, something that if it was not there, the movie would have been crap, although sam jackson can do that. 1408 is based of a Stephen King novel, and Stephen King never aims to disappoint and he did not disappoint with 1408. This movie proves and still shows that you can have a honest horror/thriller movie that is still rated PG-13.

Keep in mind this is just one mans opinion and if you have seen and didn't like it I am sure you have your reasons and I have mine for liking it. If you are in the mood for a horror/thriller that does not involve seeing a guy caught in barbed wire and a head clamp around a girls head than I would recommend 1408.
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

ive seen 1408 like 2 weeks ago whehehehe =P

but yhes its an awesome movie
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I watched it back in theatres with my ex, and it is a very good movie. :)
eXg. focus
Quake 4 US

Post by eXg. focus »

I'll pick this up for the lady and I this afternoon. Thanks for the review
Contro
Forum Master

Post by Contro »

Eh, screw the PG-13's... I"m a Saw person. =)
m1nd
Quake 4 EU

Post by m1nd »

very good movie :) I only watch these movies cause my gf wants to see them but everytime I've seen them :P I like em though :P

but after seeing 1408 I was a bit flabbergasted..... :shock:

Twitch.TV MYTHICAL TEAM
LIVESTREAMS EVERYDAY!

Twitch.TV M1NDIFY
My own personal stream!. Be sure to follow/subscribe
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

eXg. M1ND wrote:very good movie :) I only watch these movies cause my gf wants to see them but everytime I've seen them :P I like em though :P

but after seeing 1408 I was a bit flabbergasted..... :shock:

and you told me you were bamboozeld :twisted:
D!ggy
Forum Visitor

Post by D!ggy »

1408 was a really good movie! I would buy it.
hadriel
Open Roster

Post by hadriel »

I saw it in theaters. It was pretty awesome. I thought it was going to be a bit more frightening, but I actually like it a lot better than what I was expecting. Kind of a psychological thriller, loved it!
dorkiz
Quake Live US

Post by dorkiz »

I just downloaded this movie... And the DVD original ending is different from the theatrical. I really didn't like it as much.... :/

Anyone that wants to know it that has seen the movie, just PM me and I'll explain.
Veloc1ty90
Forum Master

Post by Veloc1ty90 »

thankx for the review, i was thinkin about addin it to my netflix but wasnt sure, now i will :) we should make a movie review section, that would be pretty cool :)

p.s. contro i like the saw series to, wat did you think of 3rd one? i thought the ending was terrible :(

Return to “Entertainment”