The truth is yours to decide

Something about anything goes here.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

>pwrhz< D!ggy wrote:With me I tried, I looked into all belief systems and found more questions then I found answers. To me it sounds like a broken record, they say the same thing.

How I see it, as long as no one tries to convert me in any way shape or form I'm good. I find it disrespectful when people try to throw there belief down my throat when I've already told them how I felt. They tell me I'm going to hell for not believing or I'll be saved at the end of days. Either way as long as I'm not bothered I'm good.

And what I meant about I fond it disrespectful is how they don't respect my view on things, and continue to hound me about it.
not in any religion my self , never baptised it's a persons choice to be in what religon they want or what they want to believe in, honestly the 100 gods the 100 religions it's a crock a s**t lol religion is, if what in the bible is told to be true then just have faith, but I like to question things, a guy like 100 years ago comes and says he's the messiah and theres a great ol mighty god and starts laying down rules you know, I think rules were meant to keep the world in order and I think he was just a good teacher and was able to persuade people.
Despised or idolized... either way I'm recognized!
Don't be so quick to judge me You only see what I choose to show
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. TrueGift wrote:it's a persons choice to be in what religon they want or what they want to believe in,
Not necessarily. In fact, more often than not it's not your choice.
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

eXg. Phenom wrote:
eXg. TrueGift wrote:it's a persons choice to be in what religon they want or what they want to believe in,
Phenom is right, only in the USA is maybe one other country where belief system isn't forced apon you. Ireland, Scotland, UK, Russia, The middle east, ect., most of which are told if you aren't Catholic you're burning in hell, also known as Catholic gilt. Aside for the middle east, that is a whole other story in itself.

But I see where you're goin with this Gift.

D!ggy.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

>pwrhz< D!ggy wrote:
eXg. Phenom wrote:
Phenom is right, only in the USA is maybe one other country where belief system isn't forced apon you. Ireland, Scotland, UK, Russia, The middle east, ect., most of which are told if you aren't Catholic you're burning in hell, also known as Catholic gilt. Aside for the middle east, that is a whole other story in itself.

But I see where you're goin with this Gift.

D!ggy.
Think you left out canada, we are free of choice lol
>pwrhz< D!ggy
Open Roster

Post by >pwrhz< D!ggy »

That would be the one other country that isn't forced apon by a belief system. Like I stated in my last post, "Maybe one other country", but I'm sure there are parts of Canada that are heavy handed in the belief system, there all ways is.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

Religion is one of those subjects where there really isn't a right and wrong.
Like the KKK, obviously not a good religous group by any means. We would say what they did was wrong, but it was their religion. Can we call a religion wrong? Can we say that strapping a bomb to your chest and taking as many people to their deaths with you, all for your god, is wrong?

It's just weird. I think on some level, American's will never trust the middle east, and I'm sure they feel the exact same way.
We seperate religion, and government, but the two clearly collide. Democracy, dictatorship, communism, they all contain some beliefs and morals out of their respective religious bases.

I've always thought religion was weird. I am christian, and I do believe in god, but I always wonder, what if the bible (or any other religious text) was never printed? Where would we be at now? How many wars would have been avoided? How many borders between countries wouldn't exist?

I love the idea of no countries. No wars. Just one nation, one planet. One flag, one name...Earth :P

I always wonder if religion is the reason people commit the crimes that they do, or the reason countries go to war with each other. It's a scary though.
eXg. TrueGift
Forum Master

Post by eXg. TrueGift »

eXg. Phenom wrote:Religion is one of those subjects where there really isn't a right and wrong.
Like the KKK, obviously not a good religous group by any means. We would say what they did was wrong, but it was their religion. Can we call a religion wrong? Can we say that strapping a bomb to your chest and taking as many people to their deaths with you, all for your god, is wrong?
1)Yes it's wrong it's not for you to decide who dies, if your going by the bible.

2)Strapping bombs to your chest to kill people is a religion I never heard of in my life which is a lot of religions.
CaMeL
Doom 3

Post by CaMeL »

strapping bombs is martydom. Martydom originates in the islamic community, if you die for your religion and removing the "infidels" from the world you will be met in heaven by virgins.

Religion is religion. However, I would love to start my own 420 religion, if only i could get enough backing to have it federally recognized. I know theres a following loll.
eXg. Phenom
Open Roster

Post by eXg. Phenom »

eXg. CaMeL wrote: Religion is religion. However, I would love to start my own 420 religion, if only i could get enough backing to have it federally recognized. I know theres a following loll.
WHERE CAN I SIGN UP! :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “General Public Chat”